From:
Caryl Rion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 14:55:32 -0500
Good Morning everyone,

I just received a phone call from Dr. Atkins about Boo Boo's autopsy.  She
said that Boo Boo died of small adrenal tumor which had become septic?  She
said that it was very quick and that she was probably not in any pain.  I
was not able to get into details with her since I was at work but I will try
to get a better understanding of this when I pick her up.  She also said
that there was nothing that we could do.

Has anyone ever heard of this?  Would this mean that the tumor had
hemorrhaged?  She didn't have any other symptoms such as hair loss or a
swollen vulva.  I feel so guilty about this all.

Also, I had seen postings about materials which could be used to make
hammocks.  One great idea which my boyfriend had come up with was using
flannel pillow cases.  We bought a bunch of them last year and they work
great!  We bought the kind that does not open at the ends, it opens in the
middle - kind of like a pillow sham.  Anyway, we hang them in the cage w/
the open side facing up and put another blankie inside.  We just used the
whatchamacallit hooks from the craft store and this hammock will easily fit
four ferrets.  You just have to make sure that you adjust the hooks
accordingly so that the hammock isn't too big and hangs too low.

Best regards,
Caryl
Lucy, Brutus and Bravo
In Loving Memory of Boo Boo

P.S.  Al Gearhardt -  if you are out there - please send me your address
again so that I can send you another picture for your Fredonia page.