From:
"Reed, Melinda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 09:12:04 -0400
After seeing Chris' post regarding her problem with her boys wiping their
hiney, I had to post this message and copy her in.  We're e-mail buddies
anyway since there are so few of us from West Virginia on this list.

I have two cages hooked together, one is a two level cage with a hammock
in the bottom, and a hammock on the top with a sleepy sack on both levels,
along with old shirts and sweatshirts to sleep in.  Food is on the top
level beside a water bottle.  There is a loft also that they can get on
also.  The other cage is the latrine.  I have carpet in the living quarters
of their cage, and carpet that is pulled over where the two cages connect.
I was originally worried that where I connected the cages there might be a
wire sticking up that would injure them so I put carpet there also.  The
boys wipe their hiney on the connecting carpet.  I have to change this
quite often because it will get so dirty from wiping their little peepees
on the connecting carpet piece.  Just image, ferrets wakes up, ferrets
stretches, ferret decides he has to go potty.  Down the ramp he goes or
across the room to the latrine.  Positions in box, does his business, gets
out of litter box and whoa la, instant pee pee wiper.  It is hilarious that
they have discovered this convenience.  They are spoiled rotten anyway.  My
only little girl, Tiny Love Bug, has to wipe on the papers in the latrine.
So, Chris have you tried putting down newspapers?  Newspapers are pretty
sanitary and you would just have to pick them up, or would the little
eaters eat newspaper too.!

Mindy in West Virginia with the three lazy hiney wipers, and one little
cute love bug.