From:
Kat Curran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:59:17 -0800
Hello everyone!  I decided to post to the list to see who has tried this
brand before and how it worked for you.

I went into an herbal store yesterday (I am a fanatic of oils & herbs) and
I got to talking to the owner of the store about ferrets.  She had asked
me if I'd ever tried this particular type of litter for my fuzzies.  She
handed me a little adv.  for the litter and began telling me of one lady
who hasn't changed her litter in 20 years.. =)  She'd said that because
of the nature of the litter, the woman was able to scoop out the potty
(because it clumps) and just throw in a handfull of fresh every day.  If
BIG doesn't mind, I'll list the info of it now.

"Superior odor control for cats, kittens, puppies, hamsters, gerbils, mice,
rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, hedgehogs, reptiles and birds.  Pet safe.
Biodegradable, environmentally friendly, made from 100% all natural wood
fiber, lasts longer & is more economical, absorbs more liquids, virtually
dust free, easy clean up & simple disposal, no chemicals or additives,
reduces burden on landfills."

The lady also told me that some stores carry it and the prices for the ones
I remember were 8 lbs. for $5.95 or 16 lbs. for $8.95.  It is made by Pet
Safe Products.  Although there were 4 or 5 sizes in all, those were the
ones I remembered.  =)

She didn't carry it in her shop so I was unable to get a good look at it.
However, I am interested if anyone has tried it since I'm looking for an
alternative to wood stove pellets.

If anyone wants more info on where I picked up this information, I would be
delighted to share.  Thank you!  ~Kat

PS~ The store I recieved the info is in Olympia, WA.