From:
Wendy Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 1994 10:19:01 -0500
Marti,

I started using scoopable litter for Silk just recently. He's been peeing so
much lately that his regular litter would get saturated and he wouldn't want to
go there anymore. No we can scoop out the wet stuff daily without having to
change the litter entirely. Caution: if you have ferrets who like to dig in
their litter don't use the scoopable. It gives off a fine dust when disturbed
which can cause respiratory problems.

Dr Bell or Brown,

I'm even more concerned about the amount of drinking and excreting Silk is
doing after the post on diabetes.  However, his volume of both has been high
for at least a month now.  He eats a normal amount, his stools are firm and
the right color, he's active, and his eyesight is actually pretty good for a
ferret.  He lost much of his belly fur last fall, but it's all grown back (if
a bit sparser than when he was young.  He's also quite skinny, but has been
for 2 years.  His abdominal muscles feel firm, but the spleen may be enlarged
(he just loves it when I feel around there).  Is this an age thing (he's an
early-neuter, almost 7 years old)?  Am I worried for nothing?  I want some
advice before I take an otherwise healthy pet for expensive tests.  Our other
ferret cost us $500 in tests just to hear "There's nothing we can do".  Please
help.

Wendy and Silk (why do you keep following me around? I'm looking for a good
corner, and I like my privacy)

Wendy Hudson  [log in to unmask]
The clan: Lloyd (husband)
          Maggie (english springer spaniel)