From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 1994 10:38:57 -0500
> On a side note, a few people have mentioned litter-types they've
> had luck with, but I haven't seen anything on scoopable litter.
> <...>
> Since no one mentioned it, I wondered whether there was a
> particular reason people aren't using it. Can someone enlighten
> me?
>
> Thanks,
> Marti

>From the FAQ...  :-)

---------------------
3.7> What kind of litter should I use?

[begin PG]
Some people have had problems with the clumping varieties of litter,
due to some ferrets' habits of sniffing at their litter corners and
dragging their rumps across the litter when done using it.  The litter
can get into their noses or rectums, where it clumps and causes
problems.  You may not want to take the chance. <...>

- Pam
friend to Pixxel and Rusty the furry torpedoes
keeper of the pet ferret FAQ -- current version is 1.1.1 (1.2 coming soon!)