Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:30:18 -0800
Hi to everyone,
For the last 2 days I have been quite worried (I am an anxious person):
my favorite 3 and 1/2 years old ferret is loosing hair.  We noticed it the
day before yesterday before giving him a bath.  Actually it is not very
noticeable if you don't pick him up and check closely.  The hair loss is
mainly on the tip of the tail (about 1/2 inch).  It looks like he is
missing of the undercoat hair.

Let me please add some more info:
- I have other 4 ferrets and this particular one has never shed at the same
  time of the other ones with the results that when he has nice hair the
  other one don't and vice versa.

  My white ferret has just started to lose hair as I see it everywhere on
  the carpet and cage.

-All his hair now is thin (it happened before during change of seasons) and
 dry but not weak, he is active and weights 3 lbs.... (not thin).

- He had a rabies shot last week.
- I notice another thing: when he goes to pee he keeps changing the boxes
  as if he is looking for the right one.
  My wife says that he does it every morning as HE IS a picky ferret.
- Maybe (I am NOT sure) he drinks a little bit more than usual!

PLEASE, PLEASE tell me it is not adrenal disease..
Has anyone of you experienced this hair loss during the shedding seasons?
I think I read that with the adrenal disease the hair loss begins on the
base of the tail and on the inner legs area and not from the tip.

What I would like to know is if he was sick would he be playful and fat
like he is?

Thank you,
Rob