Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2012 08:09:59 -0800
I started using newspaper years ago. The advantage is not just ease of
picking up and tossing. I am able to monitor urine output, color, and
consistency of poop better than with any other litter.

One disadvantage. The ink will transfer to little feet and tummies,
then transfer to floors, bedding etc. I solved this (mostly) by
laying a sheet of paper towel on top of the newspaper.

Recently found used washable hospital bed pads. These are great
after the ferrets stop thinking they are blankies that need to be
re-arranged.

Ardith