From:
Stephanie Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 01:42:18 GMT
Hi everyone.  I had Pepe on my lap this afternoon and his stomach was kind
a wet on his penis area- like he had just used the litter pan.  I used a
sterile cotton pad to gently dab the area and it had urine as well as fresh
blood on it.  Not a lot, but enough to know it was blood.  When I looked
closer at his skin, it seems like the area is "raw" as if he has been doing
a little too much cleaning.  I have not put anything on the area- he is
urinating fine and does not favor or itch at the area.  Is there something
I can put on it?  I have Panalog ointment but don't know if that is useful
for this.  I don't want to use Bacitracin because I am afraid he will lick
it.  Is there a FAQ page for illnesses like this??  I do see that the blood
is not coming from inside (thank goodness...been there and done that with
Chimi0

I will call the vet on Monday if it doesn't clear up.  Meanwhile, I am
keeping a close watch.  Thanks for any advice/info.

Thanks,Stephanie, Chimi & Pepe