From:
CROW Jackie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 13:45:01 -0700
Hi all!!

I'm so excited, I have no time to write this but I have to let you all know.
My significant other and I went to Nanaimo the other day (about a 2 hour
drive) and just happened to go into a pet store.  They had about 4 or 5 baby
ferrets (in pine shavings, with no litter box, sigh!!) and a gorgeous, huge
albino.  I bugged the store clerk to let me in (actually, my s.o.  did the
bugging :-) and I picked all the shavings out of their food, and talked with
the clerk about not using shavings (I didn't get a great response, but I
figure every little bit helps).

ANYWAY... we took the albino home, and her name is now ALEXIS.  We're so
happy to have her!  She's officially my significant other's ferret (the
other two own me, so I decided he needed an owner too).  She is FAT, though,
and must have been in the store about 3 or 4 months.  She bites, a lot, so
we'll have to give her lots of love to break that habit.  The frustrating
part has been introducing my female ferret, Rachel to Alexis.  They are not
getting along, and poor Alexis (although she is is way bigger than Rachel)
is losing a lot of fur on her scruff.  Rafael and Alexis are getting along
pretty well, which is nice.  Oh well, I'm prepared for lots of controlled
introductions and lots of linatone on faces (we've read the faq and started
trying all the suggestions as soon as we got her).

Oh yeah, she's going to the vet tomorrow to get checked out and updated on
her shots.  The vet store couldn't find her certificate from the breeder, so
we don't even know when her birthday is.  But she is fluffy and white and
beautiful!

jackie
(and Rachel: mummy, who is this evil white ferret you brought home?
and Rafael: cool, another playmate.  she smells yummy!
and Alexis: go away, leave me alone, I want to explore!!)