From:
Ferris James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 09:20:36 -0500
Our shelter is dealing with a sticky issue.  There is currently a dispute
between two separating parties over the ownership of a single ferret.  Our
shelter is involved due to the fact that a ferret from this same home was
recently repossessed because of a violation of our shelter adoption
contract.  This repossessed ferret, after a veternary examination, was
determined to be borderline malnourished.  It seems reasonable to expect
that the second ferret will be malnourished also.  Our director had a
meeting with the judge after a hearing and was referred to the local police
department.  The police dispatcher was uncooperative and he was not allowed
to make a written complaint or even talk with a police officer.

Specifically our director needs some advice on just how does one go about
filing an animal abuse report?  Our shelter is not in a financial position
to hire an attorney.  If fact, we are over-flowing with rescued ferrets!
If you are interested in adoption of a ferret, (the shelter has some real
honeys) or have information about filing animal abuse reports please e-mail
Jon at [log in to unmask] shelter is located in Central Wisconsin.

Thanks!!!!
Laura