From:
"Anna M. Adam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 15:08:03 +0000
>My question, is it normal for a ferrets weight to be at a pound, I left the
>conversation with, "Well she's just a peanut." :)
>Marti Smith

to weight just a pound.  I'm sure my Applejuice doesn't weigh much over that
and two of the ferrets I sit for are on the small side as well.  They're all
healthy, just small.  You also have to take into consideration that your
chat friend's ferret may actually be 1.4 lbs, and the vet just said one
pound.  Your ferret may be 1.6 lbs, and your scale or your vet rounded up to
two.  Your ferrets would be less than 4 ounces apart but appear to be a
pound apart in conversation.  I'm fairly certain few ferrets are EXACTLY a
pound or two pounds in weight, ya know?  Also, I suggest you use caution in
when questioning someone about their knowledge of ferret food requirements,
especially when you call their ferret a 'peanut.' I, personally, would have
taken offense at my ferret being called a peanut and my choice of ferret
food being questioned.  Some of us just have petite ferrets.  BTW, I also
have "Big Boy" Beckett who is NOT a peanut by any stretch of the imagination.

Just my two cents.
Anna