From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 12:54:59 -0800
Re:  Merritt;
Hi Mary Allen;

      OK, the latest of Timmy's recipe's is the "maintenance" version,
meaning everyone gets it even though Timmy is certified as having "no
detectable traces of the lymphoma".  As I'm giving it to all 8 little ones,
cost does become a factor compared to the full crisis formula.  The PWS
formula is a couple of dollars an ounce, which is cheap compared to many
Rx's, and the Immuplex is not too bad, 150 caps for $32.00  I can fax you a
discount sign up sheet for the PWS that brings the price down from $32 to
$20/btl + ship., it's a free sign up, 800# for fax, & 800# for orders.  A
good health store should have the Immuplex, as it's not Rx, but vitamins,
minerals, organ extracts, etc.  Chiropractors are examples of people that
dispense the immuplex, so you might try that also.

      The newest thing I would start him on the quickest is the colloidal
silver from silver wings.  (800-952-4787).   I put about a teaspoon of
clover honey in a 4oz btl, & they all lick it off the dropper. (I suppose
if they would without the honey, it would be better to keep it pure.)  I
also experiment with giving them what they will drink up until they turn
away.  This is how I got from 1/5cc to 2cc/ferret/day.  The only caution,
is that when doing extreme healing, start slower than full dose for a few
doses as if any of us are taking very healing herbs or whatever, there can
be a "healing crisis" where so much toxins are being released that the
blood stream & eliminatory organs become burdened and the patient will feel
sicker as all that goes thru being gotten rid of.  (personal opinion)

       If he isn't taking liquids very well, or you have cats & dogs
(bigger bodies requiring bigger doses) that might need it in the future,
they make a 500ppm strength that I'm using on a kitty who was bleeding
150cc/day internally into the chest cavity from tumors.  This was making
breathing very difficult.  She's on 2cc every 4 hours for 6 days now, and
the last 2 days has not needed drainage of the chest cavity, she's home
with me now since Sat.  With the ferrets w/ spleen problems, I started with
a 1/2cc (about what the dropper would pick up) of the "regular" 270ppm
strength, and over a couple of days increased to 2cc for the very enlarged
ones (across the whole width of the body!).  3 weeks later, they are down
to less than 1/2, and this I have never heard of before.  There is no
treatment for enlarged spleens, except surgery, which does not heal or cure
anything.  Kind of removing the fire bell from the wall instead of putting
out the fire.

      Back to your problem.  The first things I did with Timmy was the
Gerber turkey rice and the herbal tonic.  Then Dr. Brown added the Deliver
2.0 for nutrition and calories since he was skin & bones, and the Pet
Tinic.  Any drug store can order the Deliver & get it in one day.  Shop for
price though, as it runs $23 to $35 /case of 12- 8oz cans.  A good pet
supply store carries Pet Tinic, or from a vet to get started quick.  I
order it a case at a time of the 4oz btls for about $5.00/btl from Colorado
Animal health in Longmont, & it takes a week or so as they order that
quantity from their dist. (800-235-2636, or 303-772-2636).

       I also put out water with clover honey & the herbal tonic, & the
first couple of weeks that's the only thing he'd take without syringe
feeding.  Even after a month when he'd take the recipe from a spoon, he'd
take twice as much offered by syringe.  I found the larger 50cc had almost
an 1/8th inch opening that would take the food pretty well.  At first I did
not add water as I was wanting the most food value going into him, & the
Deliver 2.0 thinned it out pretty much.

      A month later in Boulder, Dr. McCluggage Rx'd the Immuplex, CoQ10,
thought the herbal tonic was working so well that he did not add any other
herbs, and did 4 acupuncture treatments.  Since ferrets don't hold still 20
seconds, much less 20 minutes, he injected a couple of drops of Vit. B-12
into the meridian sites, which stimulated them.  This might not be
critical, but at the time & took anything that reason says might help,
couldn't hurt.

      3 months later in Az. I got as a late Xmas gift a sample pack of
things that included the Kit Nips.  To my supprise, Timmy ate some.  I
figured at least it would help keep his teeth cleaner, but about a week
later I noticed his coat deepening in color, & he had more energy.  It is
still to today the only solid food he eats on his own.  He takes the recipe
from a cup, 3-4 oz. each evening, but I still have to hold him & sometimes
put some on my finger to let him lick it off, to start him going on it.
Then he closes his eyes & digs in, like "my this is really good stuff".  I
tell him how glad I am to have him alive, and thank God for saving him from
the 6 lane highway he got out on in Jan. ( I was told cars were going over
him, but did not hit him, by the lady who found him!).  Then he is the last
to want to go back to sleep, having more energy than about anyone else.
His personality is more alert and bonded than ever before.  His eyes &
expression just look more alert.

      It took about 5 months overall b4 he started dooking & bouncing on
front & back feet instead of walking or running like a cat.

        The Schiff Liverall is a late addition, and has potent power to
help their coat, but don't overdo it as it can aggravate the spleen.  My
rule of thumb is no more than the ratio of what amount of liver would be in
a whole prairie dog.  (maby a tsp. for a quart of food).  Since the second
ingredient of Kit Nips is liver, I don't put powdered into the food as he
gets enough already.  The pet tinic also has "liver extract", which agrees
with a vet in Longmont, Co. who said there is something yet to be
identified in liver that ferrets need for best health.

    The garlic is just a helper for the immune system, like in people.
It has anti bacterial, anti fungual, and anti viral properties documented
back thousands of years.  I use a Kyolic brand liquid extract squirted on a
sore throat I occasionally get, & it knocks it down in 24 hrs.

      The vitamin C is a late addition for general immune system boosting, &
on the logic almost no pet food has it, and when the Black footed ferrets
eat a whole prairie dog, the intestines have lots of beautiful green mater,
as the PD's are vegetarians.  The BFF's eat all the nice green vegetables
100%!

      Again, the Colloidal Silver I only recently learned about, but it
is proving to be a very powerful healing substance, with no record of ill
effects, especially with the Silver Wings product, as they do not use a
salt form, that can accumulate under the skin, causing greying in us people
without fur.  They use particles of no more than 15 atoms, each with a
positive electrical charge, attached to a molecule of a simple protein.
These electrically charges particles of silver are very small, about .01 to
.001 microns in diameter, suspended in deionized water.  The force of the
electrical charge is greater than gravity, so they remain suspended.

      Small cautions for handling it are since it is a bit fragile, keep
from heat and do not refrigerate, and dilute only with distilled, deionized,
or reverse osmosis water.  I don't bother diluting at all, as it's about
tasteless.  Also keep from light.  They say shelf life is about infinite
kept this way.  DO NOT store in plastic, as the electrical charge of the
plastic will precipitate it out of solution over time.  (it comes from them
in amber glass bottles).  Oh yes, the darker the liquid, the stronger the
strength.  270ppm is about like tea, & the 500 almost like coffee.  I've
heard of some people who have gotten some from a store that was almost
clear.  (SWAB sends out literature to first order people that tells lots
more.

      If you need to get me quickly, feel free to use my pager/voice mail
800-209-1071.  I'm still traveling some, so that covers the entire western
US.

      I hope this helps answer your questions, write with more as they arise.

      Take care, & tell him often how much you appreciate him & am glad
he's there with you.  Love is a very powerful healer.

        Sincerely, Gary.