From:
April Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 00:19:21 -0400
Hi.  We have an ivomec (ivermectin)/propylene glycol formula for ferrets
at my clinic that I use with one of my fuzzies, Nicodemus.  (This is my
baby who loves medicine-used to climb my arm to try and get to Renate's
meds, which she hated, when I drew them up, but won't eat the half a
Heartgard tab...) The first time I tried to get him to eat it I had to
break it into a million pieces and force them all into him, and he acted
like I was killing him and got all stressed, so now he gets the liquid,
which he loves for some reason-it's not even flavored!  What a weirdo!

I'll get the formula onto the list Tues when I get to work (it's a recipe
for almost 30mL, but I divided the recipe by thirds b/c I only need it for
one ferret at 1mL or so per dose, and it only lasts two years, so a full
mix was too much)!

-April