From:
April Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 12:12:38 -0400
Hi.  We are so sorry for the loss of Snickers.  I have lost two babies in
the last two months and it is heartbreaking.  We will say fuzzy prayers
for you and Snickers.

As for the office fee for your deceased pet, I work in a vet clinic, and
we might charge someone who brings in their deceased pet for us to hold
until they either bury it themselves or have the Pet Memorial Park pick
them up to cremate or bury them, but we refund the burial fee once the
animal is either picked up by the owner or the Pet Memorial Park confirms
they have made arrangements with the owner for cremation or private
burial.

We charge the fee in the first place because if the owner never does these
things, we still have to pay the fee to the Park for them to take care of
the remains in a group cremation, and we have had many people in the past
never come back for their pet (incredibly).

However, we would never keep the money once you made cremation
arrangments!  I would talk to the office further about this and maybe
show them proof you have made arrangements to take care of the remains
yourself.

Best wishes,

-April and the gang