From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 07:55:13 -0700
>The most common analogy used is the introuduction of wild European ferrets
>into the environment in New Zealand, more than one hundred years ago
>(another comparison is to the mongoose in Hawaii).

Well, duh!  Why don't we just compare it to the release of cane toads or
wild pigs in Australia, or the release of European starlings in the US?
These animals, as well as the *mongoose*, aren't related to ferrets, PLUS
they were released ON PURPOSE in GREAT NUMBERS so as to be able to survive
as wild populations.  Big mistake directly attributed to HUMAN ACTIONS.
Duhuhuhuh!  Ferret opponents really need to check the validity of their
analogies before spouting them off.  :-/

===
Aileen & the herd
Slinky, Gizmo, Kyle, Noel, & Sandy

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."