From:
punchbug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 13:25:08 -0000
Went into a pet shop today to buy food for the guinea pig.  Through the
glass partition, I could see a young albino ferret all by itself in cage.
I started talking to the employee about the ferret... she didn't even know
if it was a male or a female!  I asked if I could hold it (I probably would
have brought it home) and she refused because of "colds".  Then I asked if
the ferret was a biter and she said, "Not much.  I blow in it's face and
it usually lets go but sometimes I tap it on the nose."  I told her very
nicely, "A better way to discourage biting is to take it by the scruff and
tell it 'No!' If you "tap" it on the nose, it will learn to be afraid of
fingers and grow up to bite out of fear."  The ($&% (* shrugged her
shoulders and said, "Well, *I* have never had a problem." In my mind I
was thinking, "Yeah, you DO have a problem!" I was so angry that I had to
leave.  That poor little fuzzy!  I think I am going to call the store later
and complain to the manager.

Just had to vent, thanks for listening.

Renee