From:
"Diane E. Emery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 1995 10:28:05 -0600
Hi all. Just back from a relaxing weekend in Louisiana. Alex and I thought
it would be great fun to take little Rocket with us so he could have a day
at the beach (in the early evening so the heat wasn't at it's peak!) I was
a little worried about the trip seeing as it is hot and the car doesnt have
AC but I loaded his travel cage with lots of icepacks and all went well.
        He had a blast at the beach! Rocket hated water until that day,
shook with fear at the mere sound of running water. Saterday, we couldnt
keep him out of the surf! He loved the waves-we'd put him on the sand, he'd
run into the waves (under our watchful eyes of course!!) He did this for
about 10 minutes and finally went off the dig in the sand. Needless to say
he got a good rinsing off when we got home!
        Another first, Rocket met his first cat-4 kittens to be exact! His
only real interest at first was to sniff their rearends, the kittens kindof
batted him with their paws, not sure what to DO with this huge beast! As
Rocket got more excited later, he wanted to play with them but they didnt
understand what he wanted-they were only 7 weeks old and tiny! A little ear
chewing, a little licking, he was great with them! If I werent allergic to
cats Id have brought them all home!

        So, to the person who was wondering about ferrets and cats, Rocket
seemed to do fine with kittens and seeing them next to each other was the
cutest sight!!

Diane