From:
"Diane E. Emery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 1995 08:49:09 -0600
Hi all. Took Rocket to the vet last weekend and she is amazed at how docile
he is. She said that all the babies coming in now are more nippy and hyper
than ever and wonders if maybe the breeders are breeding them for these
qualities. Anyway, Rocket is a happy, healthy boy and tips the scale at 3
pounds even. I had assumed he was on the small side (the only other male I
have seen was HUGE next to him) but ms. vet said he is actually very long.
He didnt even flinch when the needle went in (Good Boy!) Unfortunately, mom
flinched!!
        I have a question about Rocket's sleep pattern. He is a year old
and seems to sleep all day and night. Noe, I know they sleep alot but he is
probably only awake and playing 3 hours a day! Not that he is in his cage
the rest of the time...even when he is 'free', more often than not, he
chooses to sleep. Or to just lie aimlessly on the floor and stare into
space. I try and keep him occupied-he has tons of toys (shows some interest
in them but isnt a toy horder) and we play chase and tug-o-war but
sometimes I cant even entice him to play and he just would rather lie under
the couch. Any of you out there have lazy ferrets? If he is this calm at 1
yr old, when he gets to be 4 he wont have the energy to move!

Thanks all!
diane