Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 07:35:59 -0400
the best vets I have ever met other than my own personal Dr Joann DeWire
at Douglassville Vet Hosp who is excellent with all animals and is very
open to us going to Anna for our surgeries because she knows we only want
the best possible hands for surgeries.  I think that says alot for a vet
when they can work together with you and with another vet or vets.  Ok
back to the point here...

Dr Edling's prices have gone up a slight bit since she moved to the new
hospital but her prices are still very reasonable.  I have been told by
some that they paid as high as $1,000 for adrenal surgery.  With our
pre-op blood work, checkup(they had not been seen by her before) and the
surgery(she does laser) the bill was around $500.  Ok that is not cheap
but I know they are in excellent hands and again I feel that is quite
reasonable.  Depending on the sugery Danee is right you can run up quite
a bill in no time flat with just a few sick ferrets.  Last year alone we
had 4 sick ferrets so I know how that can be.  All 4 had to have
surgeries for varying things from spleenectomy/adrenalectomy/biopsies,
hip surgery, another adrenal, and yet another that got sick overnight and
had to have tons of tests and biopsies done to find out what was wrong.
They did everything in their power to save my little Teddy but he passed
a week later.  I don't regret spending one cent of that money because I
wanted to help out the ferrets to get better.  It is sad that sometimes
they just do not make it and think of the price we pay emotionally esp as
a shelter owner is going through that 10x more than the average
household.

So my point is Anna is not expensive in my book but if you have an
overload of ferrets at one time getting sick, between meds (carafate at
$1.40 a pill and pediapred $30 for a 4-oz bottle) it adds up quick and
then if you have a number of ferrets on meds well you do the math.  Oh
let's not forget the amoxi at $10-$14 a bottle.  I have priced this stuff
from other retailers and believe me Anna (as well as my own vet) are very
reasonable.

Ok off my soapbox.....
Thank you Danee
Love & angel hugs