Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:23:55 -0800
OK everyone . . . I could use some advice here about Lupron vs. surgery
for adrenal furkids.  This past Sat. Phoebe's doctor said that she
believes Phoebe suffers both from insulnoma (she's on .10 mL of Pred) AND
is still adrenal (despite the left adrenal removal back in Oct) so now
I've got to decide whether to begin Lupron shots or opt for surgery to
remove the other adrenal gland?  The vet has based her decision solely
b/c Phoeobe's hair from mid-back to her bottom is still very sparse and
hasn't grown back since her Oct. surgery.

So I've been searching the FML and FHL for more info. on Lupron but it
looks like it's ultimately going to be my decision as to which option
I choose but I wish there was a more concrete way of establishing the
diagnosis.  (I will have to say that my other furkid, Sasha, had adrenal
surgery in May '04 and all of her hair grew back within about a month).

On a positive note, Phoebe's BG was at 71 - great - compared to the 35 &
40 readings she had in early December!

So, I guess I'll have to keep looking deeper into the Lupron option.
I'm not worried about the cost; I just want to make sure it's the best,
correct option for Phoebe.

For those of you who have gone through this, would you please provide me
with insight and your experiences so I could get a better idea of the
effectiveness of Lupron vs. surgery, side effects (if any) with Lupron,
etc... We would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks - Jennifer and the 3 Amigos