From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 10:45:35 -0500
Trevor wrote about blue ferrets:
The biggest scare that Potpie ever, ever gave me was about a year after
I'd gotten her, and she was spending a lot of time running around the
upstairs floor while i was downstairs on the computer. One night in the
wee hours of the morning, when i went upstairs to put Potpie and myself
to bed, i noticed that her entire FACE was stained blue - except for her
nose, which was as pink as always.

I spazzed. I freaked. She ran around my feet, staring up at me, mask
still black against a now-blue background, looking vaguely smurf-like. I
thought she'd gotten into and eaten some cosmetics, so at 2 am, i scoured
and dug through every crevice in the bathroom, my closets, pulled
dressers and beds and couches around, all the while being followed by
this adorable blue-faced ferret.  Finally, after an exhausting,
near-frantic search, i found the culprit - an old bag of aquarium gravel
in a paper grocery bag that i used to weight the top of my rat's cage -
she'd torn open the bag of gravel and nosed it all around the inside of
the grocery bag. Buh!

Melissa, owner of the extremely rare Intermittently Blue-Faced Gravel
Weasel.

    Melissa Litwicki                                    [log in to unmask]
    Radio Controlled Operation In Vivid Six Ways Of Movement With Reality!