Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 09:47:54 -0700
As my dumas luck would have it, the holiday weekend was here and I had a
ferret emergency.  For a couple days prior, I had been observing Jasper's
poo as it was emerging on the thin side.  Thinking partial blockage, I
began giving him all the laxatone and ferretone he could ingest.  There
was no change and he was a little lethargic.  Someone had advised me once
that you can safely use a baby fleet enema on a ferret for a blockage
(anyone else heard of this?).....apparently no one told the ferrets this.
Needless to say, this mission was not accomplished as I only have two
hands and one ferret who was more than a little upset that I even wanted
to take a peek at anything residing underneath his tail.  Fearing more
harm than good, I squelched that idea and took him to the emergency
center.  No sooner did I sit him on the examining table than he started
to vomit up the turkey food I gave him three hours prior.  Oh, yeah, this
is a blockage for sure I thought.  Nothing going through.  Food coming up
and only a green bile type liquid coming out.  Damn Jasper, what the hell
did you eat?  An xray revealed no symptoms of blockage, he was treated
for a bacterial infection and is on his way to recovery.

I know that alot of us are very ferret knowledgeable, especially the
shelters and are prepared to handle many illnesses without the trip to
the vet.  Wanted to share this with you all so you know that things are
not always what they seem to be.

Fuzzy Hugs,
Kim
and
Jasper:  "And just WHERE do you think you're going to put THAT!"

Kim Fox
Animal Communicator, Medical Intuitive
Director of Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue
Authorized Distributor of Timmy's Tonic