From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1993 09:21:12 -0500
> From:   DTHOMASON <[log in to unmask]>
> Date:   Sat, 27 Nov 1993 09:58:52 -0500
>
> Brad--
>        When you listed Florida addresses of clubs, shelters, etc. a
> few days ago I saw a couple of boo-boos.  The ferret contact listing
> for Lynn & Jesse is no longer correct.  They have moved to Colorado.
> Another club for your list is:
>
>    Central Florida Ferret Friends, located in East Orlando Florida
>    Contact President Debbie Coburn at 407-380-8712
>    or Amy Eller, Vice-President, at 407-384-9572
> ----------
>                     Debra

        Thanks.  Amy did remind of CFFF and I find it hard to believe
I forgot them.  But unfortunately I'm only human.  I didn't know that
Lynn and Jesse moved away though thanks again.

> Was browsing a BBS and read an article about a dreaded "E" word ...
> ETHOXYQUIN!
>
> I have had ferret since 1986 and was always told to feed them
> Science Diet if I really loved them and wanted them to have the
> largest lifespan possible.  Now I find that this chemical is in Science
> Diet and may be killing my babies!
>
> Can someone please educate me on this subject?
> Is it True or False?
> If so, what is the BEST thing(s) to feed our little loved ones?
>
> My two older ferrets died at around 7-years-old.
>
> Have I been hurting my babies by loving them too much
> and doing what I was told was best?
>
> Very concerned.
> Michael Wise

        Good question any input on this out there.  I also use
Science Diet.  My ferrets seem to be very healthy compared to
other ferrets I've seen.  Thier coats are thicker and they seem
to have a little more body wieght than most other ferrets I've
seen.  I've also strongly recommened Science Diet to alot of
people who were first time ferret owners.

        Brad, Sebastian and Mako.