From:
Lisa Weisensale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 16:01:59 EDT
>>From:    Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Re: fleas
>
>>From:    corrie <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: experiences/help with professinal flea extermination
>
>>OK...here's the question.The product the exterminator wants to spray is
>>called DRAGNET.  The active ingredient is Permethrin (which the vet told
>>me last week is not safe for cats,kittens or ferrets.
>
>I'm sorry, but I just don't understand why people keep messing with
>dangerous sprays, shampoos, dips, etc, when there is a safe alternative.
>Get Advantage and put it on your animals.  In a very short time, the
>animals will be flea free and it wont be much longer until your house is
>also flea free.

********Correction: Just having your pets treated doesn't mean that your
problem is gone.  If you have had your pet treated, the fleas will live
off of human blood as long as they can.  Although, FLEAS DO NEED A PET
BLOOD MEAL TO SURVIVE!!!  But that doesn't mean they can't snack off of
you in the mean time.  Anyone who has had a flea problem knows that
having and getting rid of fleas is no easy task, it is often lenghtly and
somewhat expensive.  If you maintain flea control before a problem occurs
the results will be much more productive than waiting till the fleas have
already entered the home!