From:
Elizabeth Cantu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 14:18:07 +0000
Someone had written in about losing a ferret.  One thing I would suggest
(I have had many years of practice) is to make flyers and pass out to
surrounding neighbors.  One time I lost a ferret, and it even snowed that
night!  The next day I went door to door again and a few houses up on the
other block, behind my house.  I knocked on this one door and a man
anwsered..I asked him if he had seen a ferret but he said no.  I asked him
if there were any shacks or open garages...he said he had a shack but it
was closed.  Then I asked about his dog..he said yes!, his dog had been
acting wierd around the shed.  Barking and digging like.  My heart sank.
Low and behold there was Mickey hiding under the shack.  If you give out
flyers neigbhors know what to look for: You could include

HAS YOUR DOG BEEN ACTING WIERD?
ANY OPEN DOORS IN THE BACK YARD?
ANY SCRACTHING NOISES?

Then you could tell them how to care for it if they find him.  They usually
stay within a three to four house radius.  I lost a ferret for a week.  The
darn thing was running across the lawn and that's how we got him back..he
came home on his own!  Good luck..pray a lot!