From:
Elizabeth Cantu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 11:09:24 +0000
My ferret has cancer.  This is the forth ferret that has died of this
disease and I have only had 7 ferrets.The pain involved watching my pals
die in this manner have led me to ask the question, why torture myself.  I
am thinking I will not get any more ferrets, even though I love them and
they bring me such joy.  I can no longer endure watching a friend
suffer.The costs associated with diagnosing the cancer is enormous..I would
spend anything for my friends.  I think I spent $1000 on my first and
another $800 on the second.  I spent $500 on the one who is dying now.  I
guess I want some answers.I know cancer has become common among Marshall
Farm's ferrets.  Is there anything being done to stop them?  I also want to
know what this incessant licking behavior stems from.  KC, the one dying,
is obssessed with licking and nipping.  I have seen this in older ferrets.
Thank you for anyone who responds.