From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 01:21:49 -0500
Bear ferret Wise here,
I thought I would quickly tell you why we-- and the folks here too are very
thankful this season.  First, I have a place to sleep and gruel each day
that is most important for me-- then I have a foster grandparent-- Linda
who sends me a card and notes and sometimes a little surprise-- which makes
me feel so very special.  ( I do have to share her with Bob-- but what the
heck).

Secondly-- our group-- "the old crew get plenty of time out, extra vitamins
etc".  It's okay that we have a place here to stay, cause we didn't have
another place to go.  We are so happy and thankful for our place here at
Ferret Wise.

The there are the folks here, the mom & dad presently are thankful for the
four kids who went to see Dr. George at Fisherville An.  Hospital (he is
the shelter vet) for spay / neuter they all came home in wonderful shape!
I know the Mom here worries even for simple things like that!

And then the recent influx of New Jersey kids- an unhappy bunch from a
cruelty seizure -- who ended up in MY room -- well all but two of them have
found homes or placements and are getting better for their new families
too!  Everyone is very thankful that they are all doing so great.

Missy has been doing really well on her insulinoma medicine,and everyone
here is thankful for that.  Though Bob, Popeye and Rocky are not regrowing
any hair -- they are feeling just fine and eating lots of vitamin soups.
Mom is thankful for them everyday-- I hear her tell them when she gives
them their hugs!

And we are always so thankful for all the friends who write, or email and
share their stories.  It makes the big world seem ever so much closer.
There is always lots of thanks here at Ferret Wise -- so we wanted to be
sure and GIVE some of it to ALL OF YOU in the FML world.

Both the folks and myself too would like to thank all the hospice / foster
parents for taking such good care of the kids we have with troubles.  I
know myself when you have a lots of love, you always feel better-- we are
all thankful for our "special" friends.

And especially the few folks who take time out to come help out at our
place here at Ferret Wise shelter.  We really love the visits-- even if
you do take the nice comfy laundry and put the smelly new stuff in.  It
is always fun to case new feet around!

Without your thoughts and support, we wouldn't see so many kids finding
great homes, nor would we be able to fix up so many kids.  Though I myself
would like to be the ONLY ferret at Ferret Wise, I am thankful that I can
see and help some of these lost kids -- until it is time for them to start
over with a new family of their own.  Sometimes we just don't realize how
lucky we all are.  I know I am lucky-- for you folks and everything I have.
I wouldn't have the love, attention and medicine if it weren't for the fact
that the door was open when I needed a place to go.  I think I shall share
my treats and kibbles today!  Please have one -- they are on me!.

Happy Thanskgiving!!
Bear FerretWise
for all the kids here  at Ferret Wise Shelter
a 501c3 organization
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html

Holiday Open House Sat Dec.  11th!  Don't forget to get your tickets for
the raffle of "Frolicking Ferrets", a signed, numbered (13/180) limited
edition print ( matted & framed) by noted ferret portrait artist Carla
Rodriguez!  Also chances available on more than one dozen gifts for both
ferrets and those who love them to make a merrier holiday season!  Just
email for more details!

Visit iGive at:
where you can anonymously support ongoing rehabilitation and education
projects at Ferret Wise by clicking and browsing at their site !  The
ferrets will thank you!