From:
Maureen Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 1996 19:38:41 -0500
Hi all,
I, too, thank those of you who've lost your ferrets for sharing it with us.
You truly paint a picture for me of your treasured pet.  I feel that I know
them and share your sorrow of their passing.

I have five and have found that my girls are my stumpling block to
integration.  They are vicious in their attacks.  The boys scruff the necks
but don't break the skin the way the girls do.  When I see poop and pee as
well as blood....that's a sign that intgration won't come soon.  It's like a
birth, though, you soon forget the pain and keep trying!!  I've definitely
given up on one little girl, though.  As soneone posted...some will never
allow peaceful integration.

Re water bowls, containers.
We've found some cage bowls that have pegs that stick through the bars...and
a bar is placed over the pegs on the outside of the cage...and then these
big plastic washers are screwed onto the pegs...thus holding the water
container securely in place.  They sure solved our waterbowl problem with
our surfer while he's in his cage.  We're looking for more for all our
critters.

I've written before how we solved the problem of the moving waterbowl in the
kitchen.  We glued it to a 10 x 10 platform (you could use wood..we used
some fake heavy marble stuff) and it's on a heavy duty rug so it doesn't
move at all.  When they drink...they're standing on the platform so it can't
tip or be moved.  We did the same for the food...My husband came home one
morning to science diet completely covering every square inch of the kitchen
floor!

Thanks for the post on Ferrets at the beach.  I was thinking of taking them
because I know how much they love to burrow in it.  Now I know better!

         Maureen and
         Dolittle...the doctor who loves to push bowls around
         Deany......Blaze beauty and old man
         Baby Girl..look out boys
         Slinky.....Queen Bee who won't tolerate anyone else in her kingdom
         Willie.....laid back lover