From:
Mike Palmer-Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 22:49:20 +1100
I have a very sick female ferret.  She is 11 months and just given birth to
4 kits 2 days ago(The kits are with another lactating female who had kits
yesterday).  Today She has become listless, lethargic and judging by her
tarry poos dehydrated.  Not knowing too much and not having any
knowledgeable supporting vet I need some urgent assistance.

I have placed her in the care of a vet but I think he is doing exactly what
I am doing calling for help!

At the vets She widdled bright yellow urine which he immediately tested.
This showed up high levels of "bilirubins, Ketones,"and some other stuff
like an idiot I didn't write down.  She is showing signs of jaundice and the
vet said diabetes as well.  Her temperature was basically normal.  The vet
was going to give fluids sub-cutaneously by injection.

Can anyone suggest anything

looking forward to any reply possibly email me direct as this list is set
to digest and I will not get your replies until tomorrow evening Australian
time.

Many thanks

Mike

Mike Palmer-Allen