Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:28:23 -0600
I want to thank Dr. Williams ( I didn't know he had been sick) for
responding to all of us in our times of need.  I didn't want to risk Fang's
second surgery without his input.  Please stay with us Dr. Williams, you
are truly one of God's blessings for all of us who have our hearts invested
in these helpless creatures.

Finding a donor in our location is difficult.  I was very surprised to read
in your response , Dr. Williams, that the same donor can be used again!  IS
THIS FOR SURE?  My vet believed that the same donor cannot be used, but he
also used to believe that the second time around, a ferret doesn't do well
with ANY donor!  Apparently he had read that somewhere re: dogs and cats I
think.  Since then, he told me he investigated further (which is a good
thing; he is always willing to learn more and will change his opinion when
needed)...and found out that this does not apply to ferrets.  Still, I
think he is under the assumption that the SAME ferret cannot donate again
to Fang.  Please tell us this on the FML, or write to me privately, and let
us know for sure.  His surgery is scheduled for Monday!

Secondly, Dr. Williams, Fang is not really young.  But not old, according
to some I have read about on this list.  Is 5 1/2 considered too old?  We
really are pushing the age thing, I think, but I don't think it is so old
that we shouldn't try the surgery.  Please answer this age thing.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your caring!
Liz Blackburn and little Fang