Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:24:20 -0800
I am so sorry. It sounds like the authorities you are working with are
dong what they can - and that is wonderful. Where you are located, I
hope that means that he will get a fine and jail time. Nothing will be
good enough though, but at least it will be something.

I don't know if you have dealt with that kind of thing before as far as
the investigations go - and if you had to turn over the bodies to the
authorities, or get vet statements, etc. Every little bit goes a long
way.

I am so, so sorry. I had a case of just 3 weeks starvation and
dehydration (no food or water entire time). One made it, miraculously.
I had to call and call and called the state attorney's office over and
over to get something done.

You are so wonderful for helping them. I am sorry that they had to
cross into your life in such a horrible manner. But you are right, at
least they didn't suffer any more - and had a few moments of peace.
That was all I could do to console myself as the one who didn't make
it passed away, her organs shutting down....at least she was warm, her
belly was full, and she wasn't thirsty.

I am sure that when the bridge greeter(s) finally settle who is doing
what there will be a great report.

Laryssa