Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 02:31:17 -0800
I also have had to have ferrets in the freezer. My dad has two from
2006 (he lives in another state) that I drove over to him and my mom,
for her to cremate them (I lived an hour away). She still has not, even
though I sent money to get it done...she spent it and they're still in
there. I said I'd send more money and she said she'd get around to it.

Others of course have the reasons you pointed out - a monthly trip or
bi-monthly...or when there is money, or when there are enough fuzzies.
I would rather just get it over, and I don't know how many there were -
but....to each their own. The news loves to make big deals out of what
is really nothing. Do they go reporting about the freezers full of dead
animals each week at the vet's office before they can go to cremation?
No...

I know when I had the apartment complex I lived in burn down (all
except for my apartment) I let the news crews know how many animals I
had. At the time, 10 ferrets, my three flying squirrels, hedgehog, and
three cats. My landlord saw that and was like, "I thought you had one
ferret?" I can't remember what I said - but I said, no, she misheard
me. Anyway, the radio stations started saying I was a hoarder of
ferrets, and other ferret owners kept calling in to defend me, saying
10 is a perfectly good amount. But, it continued for several mornings
before I could turn on the radio again and not hear them talking about
me. It was a HUGE deal.....*rolls eyes* And I couldn't call in and
defend myself for fear that the landlord would hear me or hear of it,
and then know I had 10.

They will grab on to whatever they can. Reporters are rarely fair.

Laryssa