From:
Michael & Carolyn Dimmitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 02:46:56 -0600
Hello, my name is Carolyn, and I thought that I should tell you what
happened to me when I wrote to Ferrets USA, then called them.  I wrote a
letter about a couple of mistakes in the very first issue.  I also asked
them to update my address, they sent it to the wrong place and the postman
said to correct that.  First, I called them, and they wanted it in writing.
Next, we stopped getting issues altogether.  When I called, they said we
had not paid.  I had the cancelled check, and had to send them a copy, they
would not accept a fax.  So, I did.  I called back 2 weeks later, and the
guy I talked to said we weren't even in the computer!  He was extremely
rude, and said he did not believe me when I said we had recieved issues.  I
asked to talked to his supervisor.  When she talked to me, she said he had
entered my name incorrectly.  She said the people who do all the writing,
pictures, etc., were seperate from the subscription people, and they would
not give me a phone number to talk to them.  We finally got the magazines,
but we were missing 2 issues and I had to call them back.  They mailed
those 2 issues to us 4 weeks later.  What a mess.

Some of their articles are good, some have a lot of mistakes.  But, they
are getting better about checking information.  The whole process was
unpleasant for me so I won't subscribe.  But if I am in Barnes and Noble
I will look at it and see if I want it.  That way, there is no obligation
and I can see for what I am shelling out the bucks.

Carolyn