Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 19:19:59 -0400
I am so glad that so many people have asked about the transport of
ferrtes by airplane.  It gives me a wonderful chance to tell you once
more about the wonderful pet rescue group called FLYING PAWS
(http://flyingpaws.org/).

This group will help transport ferrets as well as dogs.  However, they
need more pilots.  If you are a pilot and you would like to help out, I
believe that the mileage, expenses would be tax deductible.

In 1994, when I was gettting my pilot's license, I also had my first
ferret.  Sammie was a sweet boy who liked to spend time with his human.
He used to spend time with the young instructor pilots who taught at the
university.  I loaded him up in a pet carrier and would put him in the
back of the 152 while I was learning to fly.  I later advanced to a 172
and a 182, but never would let him run in the plane.

My trips were all local flights for fun and I never took him on cross
country trips with me.  I knew he was accepted at the local FBO, but
wasn't sure what would happen if he was not welcome elsewhere.

REMEMBER: If you are a pilot and want to have a purpose to your hobby,
why not volunteer with FLYING PAWS (http://flyingpaws.org/) and have a
wonderful new excuse for flying!
--
renee :)
It's amazing how much can be accomplished if nobody cares who gets the