From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 04:51:43 EST
Debbie (& Larry),

If you had read my post accurately, you would have seen that I have no
problem with "blessings", the Rainbow Bridge, people named Christian,
Sandee or people overtly mentioning their religious beliefs.  In short,
I'm no crybaby.

What I DO have a problem with is when people feel the need to proselytize
on the FML to people who clearly do not share their beliefs.  Let me
refresh your memory on Rev.  Sims post:

>To JF...(snip)...As an ordained minister, I have seen those who do not
>believe in an after-life, and their loss is greater for they have no
>hope....(snip)...I hope and pray that one day your heart will be turned
>so that you too will know the joy of knowing that after this life, life
>eternal begins.

THOSE STATEMENTS were arrogant and intolerant to JF's (and my) beliefs.
Certainly the Reverend wouldn't have answered that way to a Jew or a
Hindu who had expressed their differing views on this forum.  Its just
that some people think atheists/agnostics are "fair game." THAT is what I
am objecting to!!

Please read a little more carefully next time...

The Unapologetic Anonymous (California) Atheist...on her way to do some
X-mas shopping