Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:15:31 -0600
The last 10 days were representative of our city's "Greatest Show On
Earth"... the Calgary Stampede.  For those of you unfamiliar with this
event, it is 10 days of rodeo and chuck wagon racing (ugh) but is also
combined with amusement park rides and games.  Entertainers come from far
and wide, and food costs the same as a small mercedes.  The buildings
contain the usual assortment of Wonder Mops and Other Accouterments I
Couldn't Possibly Live Without, balanced off with free entertainment on
the grounds.  Each night ends in a dazzling display of a grand stand show
and fireworks.

Usually we don't attend this fair but went because of some weird science
display that showed a 12 foot twister created on stage... (it looked more
like 7 feet) we dragged ourselves to the grounds.  We also had no one that
needed constant care since losing Bear...

My hubby and I took in a show called Equidance 2000 that showcased riders
from Canada and the US.  Their task was akin to Aquabelles, putting to
music a choreographed dance showing the skills of horse and rider.  Seeing
some of their sparkly costumes put me into a musty state of mind....

Could there ever be a Mustidance 2000 where ferrets and those owned would
wear sparkly costumes and jog around the arena in time to something called
the "Hamster Dance Song"....

Hmmmm... ferrets coordinated to run all the same way and to turn at the
squeak of a toy... to roll and jump and dance in perfect precision... to
stand at attention for the invisible raisin... and to do it all with the
grace of underwater swimmers...

Won't be seeing this in my lifetime, or the next... but it was a thought
and it gave us a good giggle for the rest of the weekend!

Betty and Her Blur O'Fur
For the Love of Ferrets... Missing Bear