From:
Kristen Thelander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 01:49:35 -0500
First of all, I would like to thank the people, especially Gary and Ronnie
for their personal notes of sympathy regarding Nikki's death.  We loved her
very much and not a day goes by that we don't think about her.  Chris (my
fiance) and I did, however aquire a new addition to the family.  I feel kind
of guilty adopting a new baby so soon after losing Nikki, but I could no
longer stand seeing Casey sleeping by herself in her hammock.  She looked so
sad.  We adopted Emily, an 8 week old brown siamese.  She is absolutely
adorable and we love her to death.  I had almost forgotten how sweet baby
ferrets are; she chews and scratches on everything!  She is very amusing to
watch.  Casey has also taken a liking to her, she has become very maternal.
She had tried to mother Nikki, even though she was younger, and Nikki
wouldn't let her, but Emily loves to have Casey lick her ears as she falls
to sleep.  The only problem Casey has with her is that Emily ALWAYS wants to
play with her (Casey gets tired of being followed everywhere she goes).
Whenever Casey gets tired of "the nuisance", she gives me this look that
says "Mom, can you PLEASE take her now?" I'm just happy that they both seem
happy together.

I don't remember who it was who was asking about what our ferrets' favorite
unusual toys were, but I can add to that.  Nikki absolutely loved to steal
my high heeled shoes and run away under the bed with them; Casey loves
hairbrushes.  As soon as she steals the brush, she takes off.  We've
actually chased her throughout the whole house.  I think for Christmas,
we'll get Casey one of her own.

     Friendly fuzzie kisses to all,
--Kristen, Chris, Casey (MOM!! Emily bit my tail AGAIN!), Emily (Wait up,
Casey, Wait up! dook, dook)