From:
Diane at South Shore Ferret Care <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:16:36 +0000
Home for the Holidays.

It's a phrase that has been hummed in a song, danced in our heads and
felt warm in our hearts, feelings of "comfort and joy"

To me it's bitter sweet.

I know it's a wish that I need to grant.....

although I'm not Santa.......

and certainly not God........

he has asked, with his eyes that cannot see,

wrapped in a naked body.....

with weakend legs.....

so warm to the touch.....

How can I not say.... yes? (sigh)

As with so many older folks we lose so many shelter guys this time of
year. Some we anticipate, some suddenly, some without a chance, some
without a reason.

Ozzy has asked to "Go Home". I've never had a ferret who is doing ok,
(meaning he is maintaining given multiple medical issues), "tell me"
I want to "Go Home" for Christmas.

Ozzy isn't looking for a new earthly home, he never really had one, the
shelter is the only safe place he has ever known. He wants to begin his
journey even though he has some time left here. His medical needs
aren't urgent or critical (yet) but they are heading that way. He is my
older naked boy, blind, adrenal, on prednisone, diazoxide, sometimes
antibiotics with a purse string to fix his behind, now his lymphodes
are a little fuller. Still he chugs along day to day.

He loves anyone who will cuddle with him and puts up with the mean
mommy who has to give him the medicine twice a day that he hates. He
is so patient with me....he's only asked of me one thing....

"Can I go now Mommy? I know it's early, my other buddies have already
left ahead of me and I've done a good job wearing out every single body
part that God has given me..I want to be with Him for Christmas, I want
to be restored. Can I go now Mommy? ... and will you take me?"

There are so many blessings and joys amoung our sorrows and tears. Of
course his wish will be granted, and I will miss him.

Ozzy also said he didn't want a pair of wings, he'd like to have a long
beard like ZZ Top and tell all the youngsters stories about the nice
people do love the lost and grant wishes of love......

Blessing and Hugs to All
Diane Wall - South Shore Ferret Care