From:
Rob Adlers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 12:19:00 PST
Howdy everyone!

Thanks for the messages and concern.

McGabber is doing OK.

Combination of too much food being available 24 hours, winter season weight
gain cycle, and the wrong cat food got the little girl porked out.

Doctor's observations:

Puffy gut had gone down a bit by the time I brought her down there.
Still she's big - measured in over 2 lbs...Mindy's a big girl.....so her
being 2 lbs wouldn't be a surprise....but McGabber has a small frame.
No signs of any enlarged organs or intestines....said he saw a fat ferret
was all.

The doc near me deals with Ferrets regularily and has performed blockage
removals many times.  He said that rubbery or foamy objects are big problems
with ferrets.  He did his best to convince me that I need not fear the
worst.

Asked me about their diet. Well... Science Diet Growth formula....because of
the cat. Well....cat's now fully grown...and I wasn't going to by the growth
formula again anyways. He said ferret food or adult Science Diet......and
LOTS LESS OF IT....<G>

The kacking was a normal type of kack (like coughing).  He said this could
be due to fur, being big,etc...wasn't too concerned about it...and she has
been doing it less lately.  Other suggestion was to get her out for walks
more often.  Good thought for me as well.

Thanks again everyone. Glad that's all it is.

Rob

McGabber, Mindymeister, and Thai (Samson's original name)