From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 23:59:37 -0800
        To Christine Code;

    What I do to deal with the poop beside the litterbox is get something
called Depends Bed Pad, or the smaller "chair pad".  These are material like
disposable diapers that have a waterproof backing, but in a flat rectangle
shape.  I hit upon them when in a motorhome their cage is in a back closet
with little manuvering room.  I used the bed pad that covered the whole
bottom of the cage.  It is thick enough that I don't have to use towels for
bedding on that level, and once a day I just roll it up with any messes &
put a new one in.

    I think Wal Mart is the lowest cost, something like $6.50 for 18 of the
bed pads that are 23"x36".  The chair pads are 1/2 the size, & you get twice
as many for the same cost.  That's some $.36/day for the big ones, worth the
labor and paper towels saved for me.

    I think sometimes rather than spending a lot of effort to change their
behavior, it's simpler to just find a way to deal with it more easily.

    Best wishes, Gary

Violence is not strength,  Compassion is not weakness.    From Camelot.