From:
Laura Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 23:09:27 EDT
I wasn't going to say anything else about Pets.com, and just chalk up
their incessant ineptitude to a mismanaged organization but Richard's
post yesterday got me all riled up so I had to say something. ;-)

I placed an order on 10/3, and due to their shoddy customer service and the
food being on backorder (I was down to a week's worth of food and I hate
being that low), I cancelled that order on 10/15.  Last week I got an email
answering the email I sent on 10/12 saying that I should have received my
order on 10/8.  I sent them a long email explaining what was wrong with
that, and really, common sense should have told the person generating the
email that if someone asks where something is on 10/12, they PROBABLY
didn't get it on 10/8.  Duh.  So to back up the email, I called to make
sure that my card hadn't been charged.  The rep said no, but if the food
came I shouldn't send it back because it seemed like I had a "bad
experience".  Uhm, that's an understatement.  So today I get another email
saying that my order had been shipped and it gave a UPS tracking number
for the shipment. <rolls eyes>

You can bet dollars to donuts I will never be darkening their
cyber-doorstep again.  I don't care how cheap the food is.

Laura