From:
fanglady <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 1996 17:30:01 -0600
Hi,

I know I am currently not a member but BIG is so great to allow me to post
anytime I want or need to.  THANKS BIG!!!

I am in a very bad situation here and hope some of you can help me with
ideas.  I have a real BIG problem.  Squeeker the new kid I have discovered
is totally blind and scared to death of all other ferrets.  I tried today to
introduce very carefully and he tried to really chomp them so I gave up.  I
took him back to his room but stupid me had left the door open and after
putting him in his own bed I noticed Precious in there too.  I freaked
knowing he would really try to hurt her so I reached in and grabbed her out
slick as a whistle but then Squeeker smelled her on the way out.  I
carefully tossed Precious behind me real quick and turned back to see what
Squeeker would do.  I guess my hand was too far down as he attacked me and I
mean viciously.  I have 10 wounds between my thumb and forefinger to prove
it and man I screamed like hell.  The worse I screamed the worse he attacked
me.  I finally was able to scruff him with my left hand and had to do it
harder than I ever have scruffed a ferret before.  I lightly tossed him in
his bed grabbed Precious and took off out of the room.  A bit later I knew I
had to go back and check for other ferrets in there.  I went in and talked
to him very nice and told him it was just me, he came up to me so I reached
and petted him and got the same attack in the same place on the left hand.
This time I did not scream I scruffed him fast with the right hand and
tossed him in his bed.  Left and found I had 5 wounds this time.

Now I am in here again only talking to him and gave him some ferretone.  I
am very unsure whether to try and touch him or what.  I doubt he will ever
except the other ferrets and I have to keep him here with me for as long as
6 to 12 months since Daddy has left already for California unless he calls
to say adopt him out.  GOD this sucks.  I had such high hopes for him and
they have been dashed.  I have had a blind ferret before but it was nothing
like this at all.  So I wanted to post to the FML to get help if possible.
Guess we'll see huh?  In the meantime give all of your babies big hugs and
kisses from me and hope that Squeeker comes around.  AND HELP ME IF YOU CAN
NOW!!!  LOL!!  Always thinking of you guys, TNT!!

*          Kelleen Andrews  &  The FANG GANG!!!!        *
*     President and Founder of F.A.N.G. Shelter/Club    *
*         (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)      *
*           405 S. Orchard   Boise, Idaho  83705        *
*  Donations gratefully accepted & if you wish send to  *
*      FANG's Angel Vet        Dr. Mike Koob D.V.M.     *
*    c/o  All Pet Complex       6712 Glenwood Ave.      *
*    Boise, Idaho  83702           208-853-1000         *
*   Please mark it as a FANG DONATION.    THANK-YOU!    *
*    I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday!   *
*    All they want is lots of love and great chow.      *