From:
Tillie & Amy Evers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 1996 16:43:29 -0700
I recently approached a local pet store about carrying Totally Ferret, and
she said she already carried a Ferret food.  It was Sheppherd & Greene, (she
happened to have the formula for *older & overweight* ferrets.  It was VERY
low in both Protein and fat, but I don't remember the exact figures.  Well,
she offered to give me a sample to try (taste-wise, Katie is like the
proverbial Mikey; She HATES EVERYTHING!), and said she could get the regular
formula too.  No surprises, Katie wouldn't touch it.  She actually gagged &
"Gacked" when I tried to pretend it was a treat, and offered it to her.  So,
I guess WE will stick to TF.  I, personally, thought the S & G food smelled
pretty good as far as ferret food goes, and the ingredient list looked OK
too.  I just have a finicky Fuzzie!!  BTW, L'Avian, Iams, Marshall's,
8-in-1, Science Diet, and Nutri-max all had the same effect.  ( "Gag!
Gack!") But, Katie literally dove head-first into the TF sample bag, and
stayed till it was 1/2 gone!  She has been on TF for about 2.5 weeks now and
I swear her coat is both thicker & softer, and its been 95+ here so it's not
an early winter coat.  [This is just my own humble opinion and experiences,
I don't mean to downgrade any of the above mentioned foods, or infer that
they are bad in any way.] TNT!!

Amy & Katie
"Here's Dookin' at you Kit!"