From:
Ferrets at Heart -- Ask A Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2012 13:18:48 -0500
Ferrets at Heart is preparing for our first raffle of 2012. Our Adrenal
Disaster Raffle in the fall of 2011 was a great success, thanks to the
generous patrons who provided our prizes and those who bought tickets.
Two ferrets received surgeries and 4 Deslorelin implants were purchased
due to the raffle! We want to build on that foundation of a quality
fundraiser.

The purpose of this new raffle is a bit complicated. My mother has been
diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. I will be traveling to stay with
her as her chemo cycle draws to a close to help fetch, carry, cook, and
clean for her. Some ferrets will be parceled out among friends, while
some will stay with my husband and the cats. While I am gone for those
weeks, there needs to be funds available for any care the furry
critters require. Whatever is left over after I return will be spent on
the next order of Deslorelin implants to treat the number of ferrets
with adrenal tumors.

If you are a business/organization: Please consider pledging an item
from your stock. It doesn't have to be ferret-related. We mean
ANYTHING: Gift cards, jewelry, CD/DVD, books, t-shirts,... Send us a
pict to post on our website. We can let you know the address of the
winner. No sense in you shipping it to us and then us shipping to them
(paying postage twice).

If you are a private individual: You might have received an item for
Christmas that is still in its box. You might be handy with crafts.
Did you purchase a ferret leash and collar that you never used? We'll
add it to a prize pack of goodies. Send it to:

Lori Richardson
221 Rye Beach RD, #5A
Huron, OH 44839

Please remember that our webstore is still open, and we would like to
clear all or most of our inventory before Mom's chemo makes her any
more ill. The tumor is shrinking, but we do not know how much time this
round of chemo will buy. Prayers are welcome. If you'd like to send Mom
a card:

Joyce Cabe
53 Green Vale LN
Franklin, NC 28734