From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 00:48:10 EDT
it stands for Post Traumatic Gravy Syndrome.
anbody else have it?

it's been over two weeks since i made my first batch of bob C's gravy...and
yesterday was the first day i looked at a chicken and didn't gag at the
sight of it.  .

i got the grinder, i had a ton of info from wonderful people who emailed me
with suggestions...i THOUGHT i was prepared.

I think i would have done fine...but meat grinders aren't NEARLY as easy to
operate as you would think...

a hint for all those other grinder virgins out there--you have to grind in
one direction!!!

i thought i broke the grinder b/c as my arm tired, i switched hands---what
i didn't realize till much much later was that when i switched hands, i z
was also unconsciously switching the direction i turned the stupid crank.
thus, i was mushing up chicken that wasn't coming out.  i thought i clogged
it--so i took it apart and washed it.  put it back together again--couldn't
find a sturdy surface in this tableless apartment...it was while i was
pushing away ferrets that were trying to get the chicken juice that was
dripping from the grinder (b/c i was going the wrong way) that i realized
by mistake...

needless to say..that was the end of night one...

anyway--i finally did it. they love it. I am exhausted and ready to make
more...so here are the questions..

1. how much can i give a day?
   keera would eat it as her main food if i could, but i worry about
   tartar--she really digs in though!

2. how big of a roaster chicken do you use to make it?

3. we are sure the little bits of bone are ok right? so then how thick
   should i make it?

4.  anyone have a lick and run ferret?  i can only get fezzik to eat it if
    i hold him and don't let him run away.  he likes to take a bite of it
    (does it with ferretvite too) and run away to eat it.  No biggie, but
    he doesn't come back for more!!  he is barely eating it! :(

on a happy note--keera is about twice as active as before.  i dont' know if
it is the weather, the gravy, the fear of not having me all to herself
(i've been babysitting fuzzies)...whatever the reason, i am soo happy!!!!!

does this PTGS ever go away?

i'm off to another meatless meal...
Meg