Date:
Sat, 15 May 1999 07:36:55 -0500
hi to all...
i have a question for all of you, especially in the midwest area of
indiana, illinois, kentucky, and maybe ohio.  i had to find a vet for
descenting a newly acquired ferret(i did not have any choice in the matter,
suffice to say).  this vet did a nice job and i got her back late the same
day of the surgery.  my question is, has anyone ever heard of the vet s.w.
epperson, d.v.m.?  i have been told he is one of the best in my tristate
area and i know he deals with the mesker park zoo animals in evansville.
exotic animals is his specialty(ya, i know, i don't think ferrets should be
classified as exotic but i don't make the rules either), and i was told by
his staff about people coming in from louisville for adrenal surgeries on
their ferret.  unfortunately, i didn't get to talk directly to him, but the
other two vets in his clinic assured me of his capability.  matter of fact,
i talked with dr.  kilbane for 45 minutes at least--mainly picking his
brain to be sure they know about ferrets( he did tell me he appreciated a
pet owner who took interest and questioned about their pet rather than
dropping them off without asking about their wellbeing).  i left feeling
much less aprehensive and am looking forward to meeting dr.  epperson.
btw, dr.  epperson had the day off and was asked to come in to descent my
girl which he did do.  despite extensive knowledge about ferrets, dr
kilbane was honest and told me he was uncomfortable with this surgery on
ferrets as he had only done it with skunks.  dr kilbane has my approval and
appreciation for his honesty and knowledge concerning ferrets.  if anyone
know these vets from the epperson veterinary services in evansville
indiana, pleaser email me.  from what contact i have had with them, i think
they are a wise choice for me...but i would appreciate hearing what others
have to say about them.  thanks to all.....and an angel kiss for the heaven
bound waiting at the rainbow bridge....

malissa dillion
ps i almost feel like i know cadillac pete....very moving and i wish your
heartache to end with every ferret kiss you still get from your fuzzies.