Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:35:49 -0500
hello, my name is malissa and i have recently been getting the fml.  i like
this place because i can read about others experiences and learn, and maybe
help out others in return.  i have three ferrets: sable male kikomann,
silvermitt male nicholii, and a sable female anastasia.  all three are mf's
ferrets.  i love to go to ferret shows!  i went to one for the first time
last year in cincinnati ohio(ferret extravaganza 98') and since then have
involved my self in at least 4 this year.  i had never hoped that ferret
owners were such a tight and welcoming group of people!  since going to
shows i have discovered that the majority of ferret owners are open, honest
folks who simply are looking out for the welfare of their pets.  i can't
tell you how relieved i was to find others who were labeled "obsessive"
about ferrets as i am (G!).  i now have many contacts thru iqc and email
because of these shows...and i have found that i can even help a bit by
donating to the fundraisers....so i guess i'm saying to many people: get
involved somehow.  the first time you do, you'll be amazed at the great
feelings you'll feel!  the more people you know, the more places you
visit(online or real world), the better equipped with knowledge you will
become to handle crisis, etc... after three years of ferret ownership, i
may not be dr.  bob but i do know how to recognized my fuzzies sickness
and roundabout how to treat it.  and it is all due to involvement with
shelters.  take care to all....

friend of the ferrets forever--
malissa d