From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 1995 08:35:00 EDT
It started with cameras, then cars and electronics followed.  US dominance
in product lines slowly eroded and now another product is at risk--ferrets!
Domestic producers got into the sizzle aspects with ear tattoos and new
color schemes while basic quality slipped.  Meanwhile, Canada concentrated
on robustness and reliability.  Now Canadian ferrets require less routine
maintenance, fewer repairs, and have designed out certain flaws.  The annual
check up for US ferrets has been extended to two years for northern ones.
The greenies repairs--GONE.  The EPA (Excremental Prevention Agency) rates
them higher in mpk tests (merriment per kibble) and they have lower emission
levels.  They are reputed to be the first models that can meet stringent CA
environmental requirements.

Sure, US producers are starting to respond.  The drop in Marshall Farms
availability is from the TQM (Total Quality Motherhood) training that is now
mandatory for all their jills.   They are offline during training, but will
re-engineer the breeding process when they get back.   The feed problems at
Path Valley is a government disinformation ploy to cover the huge bail out
loan program that is going on there.  This will modernize facilities and
restructure the ownership.  Lee Iacoca will soon be appointed head of
production too.  The government had to avoid public knowledge of their
involvement because of the BFF takeover uproar.  Government mismanaging at
the BFF plants has caused some people to try to prevent this vintage model
from getting out the doors.  Rumor has it that they just don't perform like
in the good old days.

Tough import restrictions have kept foreign ferrets out of our FFZ, but the
local producers have not used this time to improve their products.  We must
deal with the inferior product and be satisfied.  When import restrictions
are lifted, these will go the way of the Lada in the former USSR or the
Trebant in East Germany.

Now Japan is starting to import US ferrets and is conducting subtle
technical spying on this forum.  How long before they reverse engineer,
redesign the basic model, and start a huge low cost, high quality production
to flood the global market?  Leaks from their research facilities indicate
that automatic distemper vaccinations will be standard on all their models.
There is also talk of direct TF injection systems as options.  It has all
been here for us to see.

It's time to wake up America.  This is another assault on our balance of
trade that we cannot let happen.  Soon our domestic ferret capability will
wither away and leave us at the mercy of  foreign cartels.   There are even
those in our fold who are abetting this process.  It has to stop now.
   ( )--(a)
   (@=@=) \     Till next time.......Rudy the ferlosopher
      \   \
      /\ * )  \
"He who does not learn from history is doomed to repeat it."  (Some wise
guy)
"Hey, it could happen."  Judy Tenuta