From:
Tanya Grave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 17:15:52 -0800
I'm a little late in responding to Laura's original post, but I wanted
to get my two cents in.

I've personally done photo shoots with Jeanne for the ferret calendar.
I've happily donated my time and my ferrets to get a possible spot on
one of her calendars. Needless to say the time it takes to get ONE shot
is tedious, time consuming and overall very labor intensive. The leg
work involved for her to complete the calendar is monstrous. We should
be glad that she enjoys photographing our weasels or we might only have
Ferret Frenzy and the Trout Calendars to choose from, and can you say
YUCK, awful, terrible?!!??!

Laura, I'm offended you called Jeanne greedy. Jeanne is a professional
and should be paid accordingly. Anyone who is a professional knows what
their work is worth. I'm sure you feel the same way about your ability.
$180 for a framed professional print is reasonable if not inexpensive.
I have a poster of the Guinness Kangaroo that was given to me from my
local pub, I had it framed and matted for over a $200. My art work is
worth more anything in my home. The difference in quality pictures and
framing cannot be compared. Hands down - you get what you pay for.

Anyway that's my two cents.

Tanya