From:
paula ann edgar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 1995 20:22:49 -0700
Kitka; ultimate conqueror of hairdryers, defender of the home against the
dreaded vacuum cleaner, fearless explorer and investigator of loud
noises. Kitka the climber of curtains "because they are there". Kitka the
most courageous ferret in the land... is afraid of aluminum foil. I was
covering a pan with it and she darted behind the garbage pail as I
started to tear it off. She looked so startled! I held the rather large
piece down for her to see and she slowly, hesitatingly, ventured forth.
She was interested, but when she finally made it all the way out to sniff
it the noise made by her whiskers touching it scared her so much she went
back behind the garbage and didn't come out until I was finished with the
foil. She is so funny.

Speaking of Ferret Noises, Charlotte makes one I haven't heard mentioned.
When the girls are play fighting (like right now) and Kitka gets out of
hand, Charlotte makes a small hiss that really sounds a lot like a forced
human exhale. This is the only hissing sound I have ever heard either of
them make. Kitka hardly ever even dooks. She has to be having a LOT of
fun. I have heard loud chitters when playing gets out of hand, but
infrequently. When Charlotte had her first fecal check/anal temperature she
made a loud and fast dooking sound, but she definitely wasn't happy. Char
dooks more readily, and at a higher pitch than Kitka. Except at play they
are mostly silent girls. I love to hear their voices.